market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Jay Gee's ideal farm marketing approach and web site

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Jay Gee's ideal farm marketing approach and web site
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:51:34 -0600

Jay Gee wrote:
> I think you would be well advised to locate a local professional
> who would help you with advice for a fee. It involves more than
> just making a few suggestions and you are beyond naive if you
> expect someone to provide you that kind of information, specific
> to your needs, for free.

A few commens and suggestions are too much to give. Especially for someone
who claims extensive markeing knowledge? Most of us give a great deal of
free information here. In fact, the whole point is to share information.
Even if we sometimes feel uncomfortable with the information coming up
against our belief systems.

> >Could you describe what it is that small businesses do wrong?
>
> Some do things right, many, not all, do things that are not helpful
> to their cause. The variety of things they do imporperly is too
> great to catalog here.

Translation: I have no clue. Which I think many of us suspected all along.

It would be quite easy for a college kid with a textbook on marketing theory
to make the statements that you have made in the past.

It seems unlikely that a true professional in the business could not look at
a typical farmer owned direct marketing farm and easily outlined some
concepts that would benefit everyone. I rather doubt that many (any?) of us
is going to be heading for "professional" marketing experience and the
attendant cost which would make it economically impractical.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams