market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jay Gee's ideal farm marketing approach and web site

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jay Gee's ideal farm marketing approach and web site
  • Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 21:44:04 -0800 (PST)

Rick Williams wrote:

>OK, if you can determine that the site is ineffective in marketing, can you
>make suggestions for making an effective site?

I think you would be well advised to locate a local professional
who would help you with advice for a fee. It involves more than
just making a few suggestions and you are beyond naive if you
expect someone to provide you that kind of information, specific
to your needs, for free.

>> Advertising can be effective for any business in search of customers.
>
>This is obvious, but the question is what kind of advertising. We all do
>advertise in some way. Our farm uses brochures as a

See the answer above.

>> Most small businesses waste their ad budgets because they
>> are busy imitating the advertising of big companies.
>
>Could you describe what it is that small businesses do wrong?

Some do things right, many, not all, do things that are not helpful
to their cause. The variety of things they do imporperly is too
great to catalog here.

>> I would not recommend any specific media to you without
>> revamping your current program first. There is no sense
>> driving traffic to a business or web site if the message is
>> inconsistent or likely to drive prospects away.

See answer one above.

>What revamping of the current program needs to be done?

Consult a professional.

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming