market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 07:46:02 EST

In a message dated 2/6/03 6:02:25 AM Central Standard Time, jjvaughn AT juno.com writes:

How many markets do spot checks on growers?  Are they done on all growers
or just suspected peddlers?

In our market we have a complaint form we have to fill out as to what we have question about.  There must be three complaints then the market manager and one board member will go to the farm and inspect the farm for violations.  But I have never seen anyone punished.  If they suspect that something isn't grown they will make them leave it a home, I've only seen this happen once with peaches in May.

Phil