market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: "'market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:43:09 -0600

Yeah, we do this too, to some extent. We look at grocery store prices,
decide how much better our quality is, and set prices accordingly. We're
never lower, usually higher. Sometimes a lot higher. Our market is a
"bargain" market, most customers are looking only at price, but over the
years, we have developed a reputation for quality. We almost always have
the highest prices at our market, but our sales have not suffered. We don't
sell to everyone, but we sell to enough folks to sell out early most days.
Alison, AU Naturel Farm