market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:14:01 EST

In a message dated 2/5/03 9:25:24 AM Central Standard Time, awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us writes:

Something to remember here, all markets are not alike

In our Big Saturday market the hours are 8:00 to 12:30 and no one is allowed to leave.  The way the market is set up it would be almost impossible to get a vender out of the parking lot, being completely full of customers and other activities going on.  It really is more of a safety factor than anything else.  After everyone gets in their stall, we start building more displays in the drives, everyone is supposed to be in place by 7:00, then we start putting up umbrellas and the rest of our frontal displays.  We are squeezing over 60 vendors in a rather small parking lot plus backing up to the curbs on all sides, so it would be really hard to get anyone out before the market closes.

It usually takes our two cargo vans "full" too get us through the morning without selling out.  We very seldom sell out.

Phil