market-farming - Re: Farm Bureau

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster AT globalcircle.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Farm Bureau
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:13:37 -0600

AGAIN, anecdotal evidence and argumentation do not substitute for
statistics and verifiable, independent research. All that stuff about
wolves is nothing but opinion and private agenda. That blanket accusation
that '"Many environmental groups are very clear that they not only don't
want
farming or ranching, but they also don't want people going into pristine
areas any more than necessary" is not backed up with any specifics. All
that sympathetic blubbering over "Janet McNally" is fake. Personally I
don't quite see the point of reintroducing wolves in any populated areas,
but the point is the independent research is just not there. There's an
article on McNally's testimony at
http://www.hometownsource.com/capitol/2000/april/0410wolf.html which if you
read closely shows there's no statistical evidence to support her claims.
The simple claim that sheep farmers' numbers are dwindling in one area
proves nothing about wolves.

While you're at it, tell us how many hunters have been "attacked" by
wolves. How many children eaten? How many pets? How much livestock? We want
statistics. And then compare those stats to the numbers of pets and
livestock preyed on by coyotes and barn owls. I've heard more children are
attacked by pit bulls and dobermans than by wolves. You want to ban dogs?
And it's likely more hunters are killed by other hunters accidentally than
are killed by wolves--if any at all are killed by wolves.

AGAIN, the corporate anti-environmental agenda dressed up in "sheeps
clothing"

paul & barb - on the continental divide
http://globalcircle.net