livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:04:34 -0700

Pete, I don't know if it can be certified organic or not, but another issue
occurred to me about energy consumption. If you're not in the warmest parts
of the country then you have to heat the whole thing to maintain water and
greenhouse temperature in winter, and maintain it at some minimum year round.
For the plants if not for the fish. Now where Mitch is in the Hill Country
(love it, Willie country) you don't get the nasty winter we get in NM. Might
be more practical there.