livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 07:33:31 -0700

I'm quite familiar with coastal bermuda; as a teenager we set out 30 acres of
plugs the wet spring of '57, the year of the Dallas tornado. It made great
pasture and that's what you can do with it, goats perhaps? Not everybody can
grow gardens where they are.

I assume you read the part where I pointed out poor growing practices can
waste all that water, and organic intensive, water conserving as I do uses
far less. BTW I get one third the rainfall you do.