livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:58:40 -0700

I forgot that about goats - never raised goats, never will. As I recall our
coastal grew like nothing else overseeded with vetch and made permanent
pasture so no more seeding. The year before was the worst drought and my dad
gave up on seeded pasture, and we had to have our own cattle drive to rented
bottom land that still had grazing. On horses of course. In your case Ken
probably has the most practical approach. .