livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 06:18:43 -0800 (PST)

Amen and Amen and Amen.  Ken H

--- On Thu, 1/13/11, Tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net> wrote:

From: Tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:02 PM

But your aquaponic setup is only a small sideline to your buying club which is largely non-local produce, correct? I'd be interested in any sustainable, cost efficient food production system, but I have to be skeptical of farmed fish. Also I understand it's a modified form of hydroponics which I view as unnatural, tho others may see that differently.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaponics