livingontheland - [Livingontheland] chicks and fish

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] chicks and fish
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:27:34 -0800 (PST)

Same with rabbits. Ken H

--- On Mon, 1/17/11, Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us> wrote:

From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture
To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 8:25 AM

On 01/14/2011 07:22 AM, Emery Mitchamore wrote:
>   Although limited by my own time and energy, I will eventually doing all three + chickens and bees.  ~Mitch

Gene Logsdon in his most recent book Holy Shit describes methods of feeding pond fish by setting chicken coops over them and letting the fish feed directly from the dropped poops.

~Harvey

-- Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book, THE MODERN HOMESTEAD POULTRY FLOCK, will be published this year by Chelsea Green Publishing.