livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Bermuda - not the island

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Bermuda - not the island
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 07:49:03 -0800 (PST)

Here in Lubbock, Bermuda grass is the grass of choice for lawns.  Coastal is used by a few farmers.

The way I control it is to dig in out of the beds [in the beginning] by hand.  It does not spread underground but, as you noted, the runners will climb the Rockies.  I pull out the runners regularly and that stops it spreading. It is growing in my paths.

ken H