livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:19:12 -0500 (CDT)

The scary part is that I've seen several small towns and find that most of their existing agricultural practices are severely tied to the existing system: surviving from one bank loan to the next, which means that they have to practice the "approved," non-sustainable, methods.  The numbers of people, and the land that they manage, is, I'm afraid, far smaller than we'd all like to acknowledge: this in the "western" world that is...

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA