livingontheland - [Livingontheland] upcoming classes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: paul@oneseedling.com
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] upcoming classes
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 07:33:36 -0600

The following classes are presented at the Helotes Creek Nature Center in
Helotes, Texas www.helotescreeknat urecenter. org by Dr. Paul Range PhD.
and Gloria Haswell.

June 26---1030 Aquaponics
Presented tomorrow by Gloria, this class will cover the history of
aquaponics, how it works, why it works and various applications. We will
have a small unit aquaponics setup to inspect at the Helotes Creek Nature
Center. Free Class

July 10--1030am Wind Power
The wind power class will cover all aspects of wind power, from mechanical
systems designed to transfer wind into mechanical energy, to systems that
turn wind into electricity. Included will be the history of wind power,
its relationship to the economy of the times, present application of wind
power and the future of things blowing in the wind. There will be several
examples of wind power machines available for inspection. Free Class

July 24--100pm Market Animals
We get our protein from many diverse sources. This class will cover
traditional sources of protein, their sources and how they are processed
from farm to store. The main thrust of the class will then turn to animals
raised on the homestead and how they are processed. Included are laws
covering raising of animals in both city and urban settings. Free Class

July 24---0800 Aquaponics Workshop.
The Aquaponics Workshop is a hands on class designed to thoroughly
familiarize attendees with every aspect of building a 6 grow bed system
from frame construction to plumbing. This is an all day class as we will
build a system from start to finish, We will start the system up and place
plants in the gravel. As this is a hands on workshop please dress
appropriately and bring gloves if necessary. Cost of this class will be
$90 to cover cost of the materials. The unit will be permanently a part of
the Helotes Creek Nature Center so everyone can enjoy its benefits
including students from the local and surrounding schools. A hard copy of
an updated Simplified Aquaponics will be provided. Bring your camera.

Paul

Paul the Skeptic