internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] House LAN ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] House LAN ?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:55:59 -0400

H. Wade Minter wrote:
Unfortunately, the builder for my new house wouldn't run CAT5 for me, and wouldn't let me do it myself. What are the costs for running some cabling post-drywall?

That all depends on the layout of your structure and the locations
you want to terminate. If you have a basement or utility room where
you can install the home run, you possibly pull the wires up through
an internal wall or closet area to the attic and then run them down
the inside walls to your locations. It might not be as difficult
as you imagine.
I can't believe that a contractor would not run networking wire.
Please let us know who it was so we don't use them. Geeks everywhere
should revolt.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.