internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] House LAN ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] House LAN ?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:41:21 -0400

I would definitely suggest running at least 2 coax and 2 cat6 or better
to every single room. The cat6 can be used for either networking
or phone. That's what I had done with my house. My builder also
let me come in and run conduit other places where I didn't have cables.
You also may want to run speaker wire and possibly control wire to
control lights, etc... It's probably not cost effective to run fiber, but if
you really want a fast network that the NSA can't sniff using Tempest
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TEMPEST ) vans, that's the way to go. :-)

Cheers,
Tanner