internetworkers - [internetworkers] Asterix (virtual PBX) gurus?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Asterix (virtual PBX) gurus?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:15:58 -0400

I have several friends that run small businesses and rave about Asterix.
http://www.asterisk.org/

Does anyone here have experience with it? I need to handle about 15
extensions and I'd like to hook it up with VOIP and a land line for backup.
The one thing I'm confused on is how the phones hookup to it. Do you just
plug the IP phone directly into the network and then Asterix is just aware
of them?