internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Asterix (virtual PBX) gurus?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Matt Pusateri" <mpusateri AT wickedtrails.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Asterix (virtual PBX) gurus?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:41:06 -0400 (EDT)

Also be careful who you get your VOIP numbers from we used an Asterisk
server here at work till PHB made us put a *crappy* Avaya system in.
We have an 800 number from Nufone that I've been 6 months trying to
port to a different carrier, and Bellsouth would not take over our
Voicepulse number. We had too many problems with QOS outside our
network and had choppy/dropped calls so bad on our VOIP lines, that we
went to POTS lines and a digium card. Also do your research on FXO
boxes/cards if you go the POTS line way. We put Asterisk in at my
church and we have issues with our digium card every once and a while,
and I've heard the sipura boxes overheat. I know our sipura fxs box
has issues here at work.

Matt P.