internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] first time car buyer here--help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Matt Pusateri" <mpusateri AT wickedtrails.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] first time car buyer here--help
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:02:53 -0400 (EDT)

I will second the negoiate the price of the car, not the payment. You
can either afford the car or you can't. Don't let them put you into
you can afford this payment mode. Definetly shop the same car you
want to buy at several dealerships, as to negoiate the best price. If
you want the best price, don't make it an emotional decesion. I
always try to find out what dealer cost is and shoot for something
close to that. The dealers get rebates back on sales volumes so their
still making money. Now it's hard to find out dealer cost, but
edmonds.com used to be good. Be prepared to walk out the door if you
don't get your price. The salesman *will* call you back and try to
close the deal. Some dealerships will not deal. Also do not
underestimate the value of a dealership being in close proximity to
work or home. If you do have to take it in for service, it's nice if
you don't have to travel 1 hour away. But you can always buy at the
dealership with the best price and then service locally.

Matt