internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Competitive Enterprise Institute

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "B Holroyd" <beeholroyd AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Competitive Enterprise Institute
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:25:51 -0400

Polar bears, stranded by "longer ice-free seasons" seem to be turning to cannibalism:
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/7850639p-7744483c.html

And Alaska is melting.... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/09/050926081228.htm

<sarcasm> But hey, don't think of it as "global warming" -- it's just "climate change" -- now don't you feel better? </sarcasm>

I associate the mindset of these people with the flat-earthers still inhabiting the world after Columbus failed to sail off of its edge, and am dismayed by the sheer number of them still covering their ears this late in the game. Uncle Darwin's end-of-grade test is going to leave a lot of earth's children behind.... I actually heard one declare that "climate change" would open up vast new swaths of land to farming! Hurray!

(Polar bears are also breeding with grizzly bears -- http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/polar-bears.html -- but folks aren't taking that as a sign of global warming, although "warmer" means a wider habitat for the warmer-climate bear.)

~B