internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] first time car buyer here--help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] first time car buyer here--help
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:15:18 -0400

On Jun 12, 2006, at 1:43 PM, uzoma nwosu wrote:

I planning on purchasing my first car in the next couple of weeks. I'll probably sign up for consumer reports and some other sites as well. I'm looking at new as opposed to used but that's not written in stone. I'm looking for something under 16k, with good mileage and moderate pimpability factor.

I'm looking for input as far as cars and dealerships are concerned. A long time ago, a friend told me that women and minorities get scammed habitually. Are there a dealerships that I should avoid because of poor service? Feel free to let me know off-list.

I'll second the advice of shopping different dealers for the same car. It's a pain but an eye opening experience. Also, for online research consider http://www.edmunds.com/.

No advice on which car to get however I will suggest we hold a Pimp Uzoma's Ride event next month. :)

--
Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1