internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] why not a mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Alex Wilson <alex AT awstudios.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] why not a mac?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:02:40 -0500

On 11/11/04 10:16 PM, "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com> wrote:

> I'm curious. What is the battery life on the new mac laptops? I get over 4
> hours on a single charge on my Centrino Dell Latitude D-800. This is normal
> use. Playing a DVD pulls much more power but I can still easily watch a
> movie and have power to spare. Centrino rocks.

At the time, a Dell needed to swap out a drive for a second battery to come
close to the life of an iBook, and the weight addition didn't make it worth
it. With over 4 hours, it sounds like x86 has got an efficient processor
going on these days. iBooks still get better battery life than PowerBooks,
but I can get 4 hours or more with regular use on my 12" iBook. But since
that was my major reason for not buying a Windows-based laptop at the time,
I'm not sure I would have switched had the Centrinos been out in 2001.

Alex.

http://www.alexwilson.com - Alex Wilson Studios
http://www.telltaleweekly.org - Funding a Free Audiobook Library