internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] mac assistance

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] mac assistance
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:51:04 -0500 (EST)

matusiak said:
> Sil Greene wrote:
>
>> Assuming the Mac has WiFi capabilities, how do I transfer the
>> recordings from my friend's Mac to my PC? I mean step-by-step
>> -- where to look, what to click on, etc. Remember that I don't
>> know enough to open a terminal in OSX, but I do have basic UNIX
>> familiarity.
>
> Hopefully, s/he could just drop and drag (or copy) the files to the SMB
> share.

yeah, that's exactly what i'm hoping. he seems to have little patience
for reconfiguring his machine to work with my network, so i'm trying to
make it quick'n'easy. i can't remember but i don't think we were able to
websurf, so my first step is making sure he's on the network, which your
suggestions will help immensely with.

thanks for the help!
--s