internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:43:18 -0500

it seems as if no method of persuasion or logic is going to have any effect. all that must happen is for me to answer this question, without due consideration to its relevancy in our current place and time.

what is my personal opinion? what do i think, regardless of my employer, saviour, political affiliation, or gender? well, in my personal unfettered opinion,

YES - i think it was wrong for FDR to use that tack as a campaign slogan.

i believe we must honor our soldiers, living and dead, but i think that using their sacrifice as a political gambit is deplorable.

that, and i think that the whole 1940s/50s way of thinking (which included such greats as "Remember Pearl Harbor") did a whole lot to engender hatred and bigotry towards Asian peoples and Asian-Americans for the past 50+ years.

i think we have to change things quite a bit (like our attitudes) if we are going to see ANY improvement in our lifetimes. thus, you can see that i am not in agreement with the "Things must stay as they are" party.