internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:43:20 -0500

Tony Spencer wrote:

(although if i lived in his time i would be screaming "yeah, i
remember pearl harbor and your isolationism did nothing to prevent
it!")

which is pretty much where i'm at with GWB and his crew.

one obvious rational approach to figuring out how to prevent future attacks would be to analyze how it was that we failed to prevent the 9/11 events. and yet the administration has done nothing but resist the commission that is studying this very question.

and this behavior seems to follow couple of larger themes of this administration, both of which strike me as being completely ass-backwards:

--this leadership has such faith that it already knows the truth that it only wants to hear about science and intelligence (the CIA type) that support what we believe.

--a belief policy should be crafted to support desired political ideals.

when i believe the converse of these to be true:

--that the truth will never be fully known, but our best way of discovering it is an unbiased review of what science and intelligence are showing us.

--politics should crafted to support desired policy ideals

and the whole time they are perpetrating this pudding headed logic on our government they seek to sell us this approach as "having integrity and vision". it's fundamentalism pure and simple and it has just as corrosive an effect on governance here in the U.S. as it does in any "rogue" state.

--rt