internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:36:00 -0500

On Feb 23, 2004, at 12:45 AM, Thomas Woods wrote:

If same sex marriages are recognized by the stated, should two brothers be allowed to marry? The reason the law forbids marriage between brother and sister is the medical effects of inbreeding. This medical effect would not apply to a marriage which cannot, by definition, create biological offspring. So why not allow it? But, if we allow two brothers to marry, and not a brother and a sister, are we not denying the heterosexual "couple" a right that would be freely granted to the two brothers? Maybe it would be ok if either the brother or sister was willing to undergo surgery to become sterile....

Never been to Arkansas before have you ?

Sorry couldn't resist.