internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:49:59 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Dan Wilson wrote:

->In this country there are hundreds of little classifications for people,
->gay, african-american, democrat etc....
->

Right. But you are saying the entire basis of being homosexual is SEX.

And you are wrong.

->Each group feels the need to announce their differences and then fight
->triumphantly towards some agenda. loudly proclaiming their chosen
->slogans. Well, perhaps I don't need to know the sexual orientation of
->someone. This might seem a little out of line, but what if I suddenly
->formed the group "Men who like to take women from behind". Same
->principle right? Then I can announce to the world that I prefer taking
->women from behind.

Sure, and I prefer to hold hands with a woman in public. You're equating
emotional affection with fucking from behind? Please.

->Logically this would cause the population to polarize and to moralize
->about how this fits in with their personal/spiritual/etc beliefs. Then I
->can claim I am being persecuted from those who disagree. We start
->coalitions, sign petitions, then the Government has to step in and spend
->tax dollars ensuring that the rights of those males who like taking
->women from behind are fully protected. This will tie up the courts and
->consume all sorts of resources (paid for by you and me), but in the end,
->my rights, will be protected.

You sure can take a woman from behind (though not in this state, and
others depends on where you stick it exactly) but you can thank a gay
couple for the courts taking a new look at sodomy/consensual sodomy (and
yes that includes oral sex too thank you) and privacy laws when it comes
to "what happens in the bedroom".

->I really don't want to know if someone is homosexual. It all seems so
->unnecessary. Perhaps we should all concentrate on being humans?

As soon as the crap that currently serves in the Bush administration
leaves, and the revolution comes, maybe that will be possible.

But wait! Don't tell me! Cos I don't wanna know!

I swear I imagine you at home at night sticking your head up your ass. In
a friendly way, of course. :)

Cheers
KJ

CHANGE IS VALUABLE WHEN THE OPPRESSED BECOME TYRANTS
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly <@> unc.edu