internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:58:40 -0500 (EST)

Reported 04.02.19 23:42 from Tom Woods:

.:Wow... ok. I'm thinking that I don't belong here.

It's possible; but if you're a geek, living in the Triangle, and once in a
while find yourself bored of all-tech-all-the-time, you're probably in
the right place.

.:I subscribed to this list just a few days ago... Mostly what I've seen
.:is an endless supply of liberal "Me too, I agree" conversations. As a
.:member of the dread, horrible, so-called "religious right" I am very
.:disappointed to see all of this liberal chatter with not a single "core"
.:member of the list willing to represent the opposing side.
.:
.:This tells me that either:
.:
.:A) There is no one on the list that is not a die-hard liberal .

Not likely; I have personal knowledge of non-die-hard liberals in our
midst. And non-liberal die-hards. I count myself among the
non-conservative traditional luddites, but I think we're rare on this
list. Damned libertarians.

.:or
.:B) The more conservative members are unwilling to present opposition.

Possible. Aren't liberals rumored to be fearsome, able to eat small
children in a single bite?

.:Or maybe they're afraid to speak up in fear of the flames that it will
.:prompt?

Flames? Around here? Surely you mistake this for Usenet.

.:I have enjoyed the non-political conversation that i've seen here. In
.:particular, the VoIP info was great.

There are some really smart people on this list. If the political
discussion isn't your bent, ignore it, or debate it, as you will. That's
not what we're about -- or it's not all we're about, one of the two.

For me, I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to
the death your right to say it.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)