internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:23:44 -0500

On Feb 19, 2004, at 11:42 PM, Tom Woods wrote:

This tells me that either:

A) There is no one on the list that is not a die-hard liberal .
or
B) The more conservative members are unwilling to present opposition. Or maybe they're afraid to speak up in fear of the flames that it will prompt?

This amuses me.

Being for state rights is now a liberal statement? This was the 'conservative' parties agenda for decades, now they're against it and want to homogenize the entire Untied States into a religious viewpoint with 'religious morals'. Hm, sounds liberal to me.

Being for gun control is 'liberal'. Being against it is 'conservative' to me their the exact opposite. If you want to control something, you're conservative, if you don't give a rat's ass what people do with guns to me that's liberal.

don't get me started on the abortion issue, but again it's flipped.

I for one hail our new republican overloards. I'm happy they've pursued yet another liberal agenda of expanding the deficit & the amount of debt we're in. I think it's wonderful that we have to dump $81 Billion (with a B) into a country we didn't need to invade. What a nice way to distract us from the fact that the war on terror only moved a bunch of rocks around but never found the bad guys. My brother in law has been in Kabul for a year now and they still haven't come close to finding the real evil in the middle east in to what I refer as 'that group of idiots' instead of their cool name.

In my past experiences on Mailing Lists, Bulletin Boards, or Usenet - it's the 'conservative folks' who are the ranting, foaming at the mouth flamers. I've been told I'm going to hell for stating that Dinosaurs didn't exist in biblical times, I have had my apartment staked out by a few of the 'religious right' in an attempt to 'save' my soul after I asked why they couldn't just leave the woman's right to do what she wants with her body alone (and for that, I despise Wichita, KS and the 'summer of love' crap in 1990)

If I knew voting libertarian or 'none of the above' would do something I would, but as it stands now I'm going to have to vote Democrat just to get the people trying to run our country into bankruptcy, isolationism, and a theocracy out of office.