internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Dan Wilson" <sipacate AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:33:00 -0500

Tom,

I lurk here and I am not a liberal. Not in a conventional sense.

I believe people should work for what they get.
I believe that people should be able to be as gay as they want, as long as I don't have to hear about it.
I believe that Affirmative Action is legal racial discrimination against a rapidly declining majority.

I also believe that the government has too much say in the rights of the citizens.
I believe that victimless crimes are not crimes.
I believe that republicans and democrats are full of shit,

I don't really affiliate with a political party. I voted for Bush in 2000 because I couldn't see Gore actually doing anything interesting.
I stick by my choice and reserve the right to disagree with the actions of the current administration if I so choose.

Rather than go off on a Dennis Miller style rant, I say all this to show that not everyone on-list is a screaming leftist. When those types of discussions go on, I generally read them, try to glean any interesting viewpoints or fresh perspectives on an issue, and discard the rest.

Stick around Tom, it really gets interesting here sometimes.....

dw