internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, thomas AT tbeckett.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:26:13 -0500

On Jan 11, 2004, at 10:10 PM, Thomas Beckett wrote:

I have a major rant on the Soviet-style liquor store system in this state, how it is dominated by the major distributors and only caters to the mass market. But I'll spare you.

Don't spare. Moving here from KS was a major blow to the head.

We left our liquor behind (movers wouldn't move it) and what cost us about $200 there would cost about $275 - $300 to replace here. Prices are outrageous. Needless to say we've not bought any.

Not to mention it took us 3 months to find the dang store to begin with. We thought for the longest time ABC Package store was a place you went to drop off UPS or Airborne stuff. Pretty weird ass system they have here.

Would think people could get together and sign a petition and get something for real on the ballot and dump this puritan method of selling alcohol. Considering this is the largest tobacco producing state I find their liquor rules ironic as all get out.