internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:05:54 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Tom Boucher wrote:
> Not to mention it took us 3 months to find the dang store to begin
> with. We thought for the longest time ABC Package store was a place
> you went to drop off UPS or Airborne stuff. Pretty weird ass system
> they have here.

No weirder than any of the other bible belt states. SC is really bizzare.
Don't forget Utah, talk about screwy. PA wasn't much better. So we are not
alone. And I'm glad to see you figured it out. Just remember that bars and
restauraunts pay on average 30% more for their liquor than you do in the
ABC store.

> Would think people could get together and sign a petition and get
> something for real on the ballot and dump this puritan method of
> selling alcohol. Considering this is the largest tobacco producing
> state I find their liquor rules ironic as all get out.

I think you underestimate the forces you are going up against. We still
have dry countyies and some extremely conservative politicians catering to
the religious right. Though I have noticed things get better in the 20
years I've lived in NC. But if you feel you must, fight on. I think you
think about the fact that Jack Daniels is produced in a dry county
Tennesee up until 1995. It still has no liquor by the drink. So in the
grand scheme of things we're doing ok....

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com