internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Burnett" <burnett AT pobox.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:08:55 -0500 (EST)

As I've been given to understand, the boosters are supposed to be a
temporary fix, and aren't intended to be a permanent solution: their big
problem is they're amplifying the weak signal once it gets to the house,
and are also amplifying the line noise. In my case they installed a
booster, then ran a temporary better line from the tap at the end of my
driveway to the house, then replaced that with TX-15 line normally used
for regional distribution, then realized the signal strength to the tap at
the end of my driveway was too weak anyway and adjusted the signal for the
neighborhood. Now I'm fine :).

best,
Steve