internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:49:29 -0500

I switched from Verizon/Intrex DSL to Earthlink cable modem service
about one month ago, for the exact same reason you are considering it,
and have been very pleased so far. To date I have experienced no
outages, and at least for casual web browsing and email the speed has
been consistently high regardless of the time of day (i.e., no slowdowns
during "prime time"). Sustained downloads are about 10x faster than what
I had with my DSL setup (which makes me think that there may have been
something seriously amiss with my DSL connection). I have had TW cable
TV ever since I moved to my house in Durham (near South Square) more
than 6 years ago, and the only outage that I remember was immediately
after the ice storm a little over a year ago.

So, Earthlink Cable gets a very definite "thumbs up" from me.

HTH,
Bill