internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Franklin Street Update

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: Internetworkers List <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Franklin Street Update
  • Date: 15 Jan 2003 01:12:58 -0500

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 11:51, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> hey all you wild and wooly internetworkers --
>
> things they are 'a' changin' on 'ol Franklin Street. and i figured it
> was my duty to let you know -- hopefully head off any disappointments
> at the pass.
>
> 1. Silk Road Tea House is all, like, boarded-up and stuff. Which makes
> me think they are, like, closing and stuff. [NOTE: they could be
> re-modeling like NY Pizza up by Ben & Jerrys, but they don't have an
> informative sign like "WE CLOSE FOR REMODEL."]

Yep, a few months ago they closed to remodel a bit and reopened serving
hot food and alcohol along with teas and coffees. Apparently it was too
little, too late. They closed again at Thanksgiving for good, which
really sucks because I had been hanging out there on Friday evenings for
most of a year now. :-( The group I hang with is searching for a new
venue.

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest: http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/