internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Franklin Street Update

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Franklin Street Update
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:01:42 -0500

Diana Duncan wrote:
Cooper's in downtown Raleigh (Rowland, do you have the address?) is incredibly good BBQ. Incredibly good, cheap, plentiful, lots of atmosphere as it's been there forever. Super-cool place.

Yeah, Coooper's rocks. Though listed as a distinct side-order, you will get cracklins no matter what. They usually come in the hushpuppy basket. BBQ is first rate, but don't skip the fried chicken.

It looks like they may have to relocate as I believe they are in the block that has been designated for the new Progress Energy building/parking deck megalith. I hope they survive the move. Get it while you can.

And while their BBQ isn't always the main draw, you might enjoy Don Murray's (little white house on Capitol). They've got a mean fried trout plate, and the richest chicken pastry in town. Oh yeah, and their sweet tea has a specific gravity of about 1.45, so if you left your insulin at home, you might want to wait for the ice to melt.

--rt