internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Franklin Street Update

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Williams <michael AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Franklin Street Update
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:23:20 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, K. Jo Garner wrote:

> The one I forwarded was from some other possibly not related Penang ...

This is wildly unsupported rumor, and thus I advise large buckets of salt,
but...according to the SO, the place is part of a "smallish" chain owned
by a Malaysian woman and her caucasian husband, both chefs. He read
this somewhere - again, salt to taste. So, I hope, it'll be both
authentic and as yummy as the one in NJ seems.

Wicked Burrito was and is a blight upon the land. They (a) had awful food
and (b) had awful colors. I love my town, but I cannot believe my town
turned away an IHOP based on color scheme (again, this is unsupported
townie lore - salt heavily), and has a Red Roof Inn with a brown roof for
the same reasons, but allowed Wild Burrito and a Hardee's across the
street from one another. Some days, whatever they're smoking? It isn't
the good stuff. It's the really bad, scary stuff.

--
Michael Williams: "Damn! These ducks
ICQ: 38687895 are bringing some