internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Franklin Street Update

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Franklin Street Update
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:26:05 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, David R. Matusiak wrote:
->1. Silk Road Tea House is all, like, boarded-up and stuff. Which makes
->me think they are, like, closing and stuff. [NOTE: they could be
->re-modeling like NY Pizza up by Ben & Jerrys, but they don't have an
->informative sign like "WE CLOSE FOR REMODEL."]

SAD!!!! please keep us updated

->2. Old Pyewackett is being destroyed... errr... i mean, re-finished
->and is set to be re-born as PENANG. they promise Thai food and Sushi
->under one roof. no idea when they will actually open for bidness.

Old Pyewacket was destroyed by its owners when they decided they didn't
want to sell their business and their name to someone else. can't blame
them. And then all the "dedicated" Pyewacketeers said, "Oh look honey it's
closing, let's go there and give them the best business that they've had
for years and years and then cry when it's gone". Look I still lose sleep
over Lizard and Snake but I have accepted it, dammit!

Penang is Malaysian, distinct cuisine from Thai but with some crossover.
You can see a sample menu from a Penang in New Jersey here:
http://www.penangcuisine.com/menu.htm
They claim to have locations in Georgia so maybe they're the same
ownership as the one in CH?

->so, that's the news on the recent food haps in CH. what's up in your
->neck of the woods?

I still have not tried out the Duck and Dumpling on Moore Square, have
heard good things about it.

Went to Abbey Road in Cary a few weeks back on recommendation of a
co-worker, and -- OHMIGOD - those burgers are to die for.

Haven't been to Uncle Frenche's lately. Perhaps it's time for a revisit.

Cheers
KJ

"A truck is a force!" -- contestant from Hands on the Hardbody
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/ -=*=- kelly \@/ unc.edu