internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Re: Road Report

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Re: Road Report
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:24:38 -0500

In case anybody is a) still reading this list today and b) wants to go
out and drive today, stay home if you can. Otherwise: the roads
themselves aren't that bad. The main roads are pretty much all clear in
Durham and Chapel Hill, with only a few icy patches remaining (do watch
out like crazy for those and don't get overconfident). The big problem
with going out today is that there are downed trees and power lines.
They are EVERYWHERE! Major roads such as 15-501 between Chapel Hill and
Durham and Franklin Street in Chapel Hill as of 11:00 this morning
literally were still slalom courses due to downed trees. I actually came
in to work late this morning since there is no power, heat, phone or
Internet at home and all of those are working in the office. Might spend
the night here ;)

Take care,
Bill

Bill Geschwind
Technical Assistance Manager
Department of Technology and Systems Support
Division of Student Affairs, University of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510 (919) 962-5629
Chapel Hill, NC 27599 geschwin AT email.unc.edu