internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] snowing in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] snowing in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:18:00 -0500

Whenever I drive around after a good snowfall there are usually a bunch
of vehicles stuck in the ditch beside the road and usually about half of
those vehicles are 4WD trucks. Yes, 4WD/AWD does wonders for traction,
but it does absolutely nothing whatsoever for steering and breaking.
Whatever you do, do NOT let yourself be lulled into a false sense of
security with your AWD.

I do wish somebody would get all these Southerners to stop panicking and
get these Northerners to stop laughing at these Southerners panicking.
The snow sure is purdy, ain't it?

- Bill