internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Our Senatorial contest

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Our Senatorial contest
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 05:54:26 -0400

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 10:19 PM, Chris Hedemark wrote:

Mr. Haugh needs a new webhost...

no, what mr. haugh desperately needs is a P.I.C. (Personal Image Consultant). politics is a beauty contest for the most part. even local politics. this is why ralph nadir would never win shit - his face is asymmetrical. haugh looks like a goofus-dufus with those glasses and that hairstyle. (then again, erskine bowles looks like the lovechild of jesse helms and a really ugly bulldog).

for a relatively unknown person,

relatively unknown? and i quote "Sean Haugh is the Executive Director of the Libertarian Party of North Carolina (LPNC)." for someone "so into local/libertarian politics" i figured you'd have heard of him.

his site is either incredibly hammered (unlikely) or hosted on a wristwatch. S-L-O-W

this seems like a rather trivial complaint - especially considering there IS NO speed/access problem with his website (neither at 10pm last nite, nor at 5am this morning). sounds like your past troubles accessing amazon. [maybe your link is the problem?]

not only that, but you are more than capable of finding out that haugh's webhost is <www.gate811.net> "a local Internet Service Provider, serving Bertie, Hertford, Gates, Chowan, Perquimans, Camden, Pasquotank, Currituck counties, as well as parts of Northampton county." perhaps the problem is that they are running a windows server with a zillion ports open <208.6.34.69>.

in the interest of supporting this candidate, why don't you just do a *better* job of hosting his site on one of your dozen antiquated Sun boxes in your dungeon?

I am also surprised that I haven't heard of his campaign yet, since I get campaign letters from Libs in other states that I can't even vote for (guess they want my money).

maybe they don't know that you can't squeeze blood from a stone.

Anyway, the web site was disappointing in other ways.

really? oh please go on - now that you've piqued my interest.

There was one mug shot on the page, and every page looked the same as the one before it.

uniformity is a key element of web design. would it be better to confuse the site viewer by making every page look different? personally, i thought the site looked simple, clean and accessible. is your newest self-appointed title "web designer"?

The very biggest issue in the media right now (aside from the snipers...) wasn't covered (that being Iraq, and more broadly the "War on Terrorism").

Gina Norman already schooled you on this one. maybe Mr. Haugh's site just wasn't fast enough for you to see it?

Many other major issues were ignored.

none were named, so i can only conclude you meant "Complete Christian Censorship of the Internet" - your own pet cause. well, i don't think you're gonna get that out of a legitimate Libertarian candidate - sorry. but he does list in his bio that he "loves God and is unashamed of his Christian faith." that should have had you creaming in your jeans.

I know Mr Haugh doesn't have the campaign warchest of Liddy Dole but if randomly stumbling on his web site is his campaign strategy, more effort needs to go into that site.

ya know - you're right. that site was just not fucking fast enough. and when did you stop signing all your emails "Reverend Hedemark" and telling people to repent and all that shit? i really miss the pomposity of that gesture since unsubscribing from trilug and tribug.

aren't politics fun? have a great thursday!!