internetworkers - RE: Blogs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Blogs
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:10:31 -0400

> > In the space of just a couple of lines, you could *reasonably* have 6
> > languages: Java, JSP, XSL, XPath, Javascript and HTML.
> >
> > This could very well be the highest programming language density
> > (languages/characters) ever seen since programming began.
>
> Don't forget CSS.

Didn't include CSS because it wouldn't be reasonable to include in my
hypothetical "a couple of lines." CSS defs belong in the external stylesheet
doc, so only the reference would be in the "a couple of lines." Assuming a
possibly reasonable breach of architectural etiquette that I can't think of
(or counting the reference to a CSS style as "programming in CSS"), then you
could have 7 within the "a couple of lines."

While we are at it, I guess you could assume that any URL included represents
an 8th language. Stretching it, though -- puts one in the class of people who
"remember when they learned how to program URLs way back in 1993."

Then you could throw in a Flash tag and, I guess while we are at it, a Server
Side Include (though again, "how reasonable?"), for a total of 10 languages.
All within a "couple of lines."

;-)

  • RE: Blogs , (continued)