internetworkers - RE: Blogs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Blogs
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:38:34 -0400

> Explaining that JavaScript can be found inside a JSP page tends
> to tax the brains of others that just had the JSP is a JavaServer
> Page pep talk. Getting them to stop saying JavaScript Pages...
> Cost: $400/h

Here's one for you:

Imagine an architecture where a JSP creates an XSL page for transformation in
to a modern HTML page. (I won't comment on the goodness/badness of such an
architecture.)

In the space of just a couple of lines, you could *reasonably* have 6
languages: Java, JSP, XSL, XPath, Javascript and HTML.

This could very well be the highest programming language density
(languages/characters) ever seen since programming began.

Ah, Open Standards!!