internetworkers - Re: Non-MS-bashing post, for Roger

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Non-MS-bashing post, for Roger
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:20:32 -0400

El dia Divendres 19 Abril 2002 12:0112pm, no tenies res mes que fer i vas i
m'envies aquest mail:
> I could rant at length about the evils of breed-specific legislation
> if that would help (ie: banning a breed of dog, or even just "large
> dogs" instead of dealing with appropriately with dangerous animals and
> irresponsible owners). Would that help? 'Cause I'd really love to do
> it. Admittedly, it's not exactly bizarre content, and I suppose it's
> off-topic, but it does affect people around here - Wilmington is
> considering a breed-ban, and I hear that Chapel Hill is thinking
> about it....

Hi Rachel,

What are your feelings about this topic?

In my opinion (just me) breeding
dogs-that-are-meant-to-be-dangerous-by-nature, say rotwaillers, and use them
as a regular pet, with the owner having no special "training" or knowledge on
this kind of breed.... well, I think it is stupid and unlawful..

To me is like providing a gun to a child: it is a not so bright idea; It is
dangerous for the child; it is dangerous for the child's neighbour.

Am I the only one who thinks like this? why am I wrong? why am I right?

Let the discussion flow.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, QA-Test Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/

  • Re: Non-MS-bashing post, for Roger, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, 04/19/2002