internetworkers - RE: Blogs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Blogs
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:49:33 -0400

> (I wonder how to get email programs not to word-wrap URLs?)

Humph. Amazing how poor basic integration between email and web is. Gives me
little hope for the Semantic Web, which will require a lot more cooperation.

But on the other hand, there is opportunity. I think that the integration
between web sites and email list communities has some exciting opportunities.

One idea: a List Link Harvester. An email bot receives all of the
Internetworker's list email, scans for URLs, and posts them to the web site.
Maybe the preceding and following paragraph could also be included. The word
wrap problem can also be addressed.

Anyone know of such an open source beast? Perhaps we can install it!