homestead - Re: [Homestead] Not so fast

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Not so fast
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:45:14 -0400

From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>
. And I would disclose to them that they are soulless yuppie
bigots with no morals.

Hey! I resemble that remark! I used to be a yuppie. Of course I'm no longer
young, urban, or a professional (now I'm just a degenerate hick who rides
through town in my rusted-out pickup, often with the home-made stock rails
and a critter in the back...a persona I have spent years perfecting), but
going back on your word isn't about being a yuppie, it's about being uncouth
and un-neighborly, as those folks certainly are.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

Lynn,

I had a nice response written up about how it isn't a "yuppie" thing. But, I stopped, and said " no sense saying that here..." Glad you responded...

BTW, the experience I had was with one of the original landowner's descendants around here. Nothing big... but nevertheless, has bothered me for the intervening five years....

Does he know he pissed me off this badly? Would he care? For James, the question is moot. As time and experience have softened my hard-ass conservative nature, I think he ought to know the about the first... As to the second, hey I don't expect people to EVER choose the right thing.

Chris