homestead - Re: [Homestead] It Just Keeps Getting Better

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It Just Keeps Getting Better
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:35:58 -0500

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> It is very good that this state's raw milk law was changed last year!</HTML>

And you might brush up on making hard cheese.

The last milch cow my family had when I was still at home was a brown
Swiss who lactated a good nine or ten years. She was an ornery
creature who I would have been happy to poleaxe on more than one
occasion, but she just wouldn't stop milking.

Eventually, of course, she grew old and lived out her life as herd
queen lording it over the bunch of Herefords. When she died, true to
her nature, she did it in the most inconvenient place possible, the
one swampy place along the creek that ran through her pasture.

Marie