homestead - Re: [Homestead] Not so fast

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Not so fast
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:16:19 -0400

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
Some people might simply not understand,

Understand which? That they had given me the wood or that saying so was tantemount to giving their word and breaking it was a breech of proper conduct?

Just curious, do you ever feel that there is just reason to break your word, once you give it? Let me be more specific, and this question is really for everyone...In a homestead deal, regarding land, as in Don's case, or a homestead resource, like wood for heat, or even seed saving,,,is it ever okay to go against your word, and if so under what conditions?

No. It is neither my place nor disposition to educate someone about the prevailing culture. Nor is it possible. These are extremely chauvinistic people who think their "progressive" bias and manner of conduct is the antidote to the local people whom they disparage.
The probably think of you as chauvinistic, too, either that or as a stupid redneck hick or something equally rude.

I hate it though, when 'progressive' people impose their values on others. They THINK they have the high road, but often that path is one born of naivety.

--
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson