homestead - Re: [Homestead] Not so fast

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Not so fast
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:55:35 EDT

> >I don't think that has a whole lot to do with whether a person has
> political values that are progressive.

That has not been my observation.

Of course, here we run into the Boolean expressions, the so called 'truth
tables' of logic. I'm reminded of the remonstrations we are hearing over
the recent Arizona immigrant law. While it is true that every Hispanic is
not an illegal alien, by far and away most illegal aliens are Hispanic.
While every Nazi did not commit autrocitities during the Holocaust, all those
who did commit the autrocities were Nazis. While only a tiny percent of
Muslims in the world are terrorists, almost all acts of terrorism were
committed
by Muslims. And etc. etc.

There seems to be something part and parcel about the "progressive" mindset
that allows for dismissing the importance of one's word. Probably most
progressives are in possession of a personal ethic that would not allow for
it
anyway. But I cannot help but note in my own experience the preponderance
those who espouse "progressive" values who will ignore their given word and
blink like owls when confronted by it as if it is the most curious thing in
the world that you'd expect them to do what they said.</HTML>