homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:15:52 -0800

Dairy farms here (Sonoma and Humboldt County, at least) want live in workers. They pay minimum wage, plus a cabin with utilities (pay your own phone and cable), a veggie plot and when a cow stops producing enough to justify her being in the line, they slaughter her and share the meat with everyone on the farm. We had five dairies we cut and wrapped for and sometimes it got crazy because of having to keep track of home much of what to package. One farmer made it easy and had the whole blooming cow ground up and packaged in one pound packages.

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

No wonder they DON'T come to Tioga Co. PA!! I've been looking for 3 years
and can't find even a minimum wage job. I've applied for everything I've
found, and there are dozens of other applicants. I'll do anything except
work on a dairy farm (way too much work for minimum wage, and a split shift, > like 6-10am then 4-8pm)